10 Things You Didn’t Know About Our 2017 Catalog
This holiday season marks our catalog’s 25th edition. Actually, we’ve been in business 30 years; however in our first few years we didn’t have the products or the resources to produce a catalog. Over the years, just about everything has changed from the size, printing, binding, product selection, etc. We work hard to produce this annual catalog and hope you enjoy receiving it. Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about our latest catalog. (Be sure to read all the way to number one.)
- 10. Our 2017 catalog cover features a photo of our handmade leather and American alligator cover mock up. This cover was created using our steerhide leather; heat stamped with our logo and catalog information, our brass plate and three pieces of American alligator hide.
- Everything but the printing is done in-house at our offices in Lynnville, Tennessee…design, copy, photography, layout, product development and proofing.
- The oldest picture in the catalog is of the Cologne.
- Look on Page 15. The leather bag behind our No. 1 Saddlebag Briefcase, which was Colonel’s inspiration, is an original U.S. Cavalry Saddlebag from the 1850s.
- Colonel’s 1951 Willy’s Jeep which he personally restored from the ground up (except for the paint) is one of our favorite props. On Page 11 and Page 19, the Possibles Bags and the No. 37 Satchel are photographed in the front seat.
- Page 23, “Honey Pup” is the local town dog and sidewalk greeter. She’s a very friendly Corgi.
- Page 41-42, Colonel is shown upstairs in the Giles County Courthouse. Those are the original seats put in when the building was built in 1908. Each original seat features a hat rack underneath, because at that time men were not properly dressed without their hats.
- USA flags in each product copy are reminders that our products are made in the United States of America.
- Page 52 is a old geographical map of Giles County, Tennessee borrowed from our county courthouse archives. You can see Lynnville marked at the top.
. . . And, last but not least . . .
- The “Colonel Man” cartoon is hidden 13 times throughout the catalog. Can you find them? You could win a $1,000 Col. Littleton Gift Certificate.